Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Initiating Browser Wars - Part 1

Day 23

One thing that I have really been impressed with after 3+ weeks of Mac Book Pro use - is the browser.  I'm really liking the responsiveness of Safari.    So much so that I am now installing it on my Windows 7 box.   I consider myself a Firefox user predominately, however, I've noticed Firefox on my PC has gotten a little obese lately with all the add-ons and it just doesn't perform as well as I'd like it too.   I also use Internet Explorer for Microsoft related connections (SharePoint, Outlook Web Access, etc...).   It's not my favorite of course - but a tool that's often needed.    As far as Google Chrome --  we'll  I'm a fan of it!   However, I haven't made the switch from Firefox yet.    I may make that switch, but before I do - I'm going to give Safari a try.   For the MacBook, I have no reason to switch to Firefox or Chrome - but I will install it to experiment with it.   The real test will be with my Win7 box.    I plan to run a few timed tests on the Win7 box. The plan: 4 browsers loading 4 different web sites.   I'll also compare the times with the MacBook Pro using the 3 browsers I will have on that.   It will be an interesting to see which browser wins  - and what platform performs best.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment